Saturday, January 5, 2008

THE WHITE BIRD

I found this reading very interesting because it attempts to explain what art really is and how mankind has used it capture a meaningful moment or expression. My favorite part is when art is explained as nature and that man tries to recreate or capture it. " All the languages of art have been developed as an attempt to transform the instantaneous into the permanent."

I agree that nature is more emphasised from urban dwellers because they are not close to it. I also agree that the "aesthetic emotion" is only a derivative of the emotion we experience from nature, that is very well written. It makes me think how little we understand about design when compared to nature and a creator. I did not understand all of this reading but I thought it was very poetic and cold at the same time.

No comments: